Dear members of both Lists,
     I am a LONG time user of Finale.
I'm coming to the quick (maybe too hasty, after learning/using Sibelius for only
a few weeks?) conclusion, that while it's a wonderful program able to
get quick quality results, it does not have the flexibility that
Finale has. That is indicated by at least a couple of (what I
consider) important details.
1) I'm finding that Sibelius cannot provide me with double bars at
the beginning of a system (reflecting a double bar at the end of the
previous system).
2) I'm finding that Sibelius cannot provide me with broken slurs over
eighth-note tuplets, which I find quite desirable for easy reading.
The brackets look clunky over 8ths, although I do want them over
quarters and longer values.
   Those are two issues I found right away.
   Another issue is that I cannot find anything in Sibelius
equivalent to Finale's Special Part Extraction, where, after
extracting parts, a score can reflect changes made in those parts. I
understand, however, that Sibelius v.4 is going to remedy that with
score/parts linking.
All the best,
KIM Richmond
My website address is: