Aren't we talking about two different words here, even though they may have similar usages?

That's how it seems to me. Nothing about the derivation of words is ever pure.

Crystal Premo
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

From: Raymond Horton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Blowing O.T.
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:03:49 -0400

Crystal, even though I still think your name is most certainly Phat (I believe I gushed about it once before), I really doubt that derivation. I'd be willing to bet cold cash that the word came first.

RBH

Crystal Premo wrote:

I'm quite sure that the "pretty hot and tempting" explanation is not a fantasy. Both my teenagers consider it common knowledge. They rolled their eyes at me with impatience when I asked just now.

Crystal Premo