At 7/21/2005 12:33 PM, Tyler Turner wrote:

>All-State Choir. Taylor said the policy doesn't amount
>to discrimination because Rawls can try out for any of
>the more traditional male parts. "

He cannot sing those parts. This is stupid.

>I'm sorry, but the world is bigger than this boy. He
>has found success and acceptance as a countertenor,
>and he should go forward with that. But asking for new
>rules to be made for the sake of one person, when
>these rules can make a mess in who knows how many
>other ways, is just selfish.

Again, another person has missed the whole point. They made these rules specifically to exclude him. These rules were not in existence a year ago.

They are purposely being discriminatory.

I suppose you believe in discrimination?

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley