At 7/22/2005 12:57 AM, Mark D Lew wrote:

>I agree with John Howell that any individual can be rejected for
>specific reasons which might be correlated with his sex, without the
>need for a blanket rule banning the sex outright.  The idea of
>auditioning the voices blind is interesting, but I think it's
>ultimately unrealistic.

I am surprised that any states do not use blind judging.

How do they eliminate the possibility that a judge would know a student and then use that information in the resulting rating?

The states I have worked in all used blind judging.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley