On 30 Jul 2005, at 6:04 PM, dhbailey wrote:

Darcy James Argue wrote:

On 30 Jul 2005, at 6:56 AM, dhbailey wrote:
I have an enormous problem with the fact that the majority of my upgrade dollars have gone to something which is problematic to use at best (now we have to prepare THREE files -- one for printing, one for playback via GPO and another playback file to share with others who don't have machines powerful enough to use GPO.)
No you don't.

Why not?

I just set up an orchestral score with 16 instruments, using the GPO wizard.

Both GPO and Instrument List are configured now to use channels 1-8 and 17-24. How will I not have to prepare two different playback files, in order for someone not using GPO to have my file playback on the only 16 channels in their soundcard?

The person receiving the file can play it back just fine using the Finale SoftSynth or any General MIDI SoftSynth.

Or are MakeMusic planning on having NotePad be able to access more than the basic 16 channels of midi playback?

NotePad is useless for this sort of thing. You'd be better off sending an MP3 along with the Finale file.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY