Hiro,

You need to use the "Apply Human Playback" plugin before exporting the MIDI file.

- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY

On 31 Jul 2005, at 7:59 PM, A-NO-NE Music wrote:

Darcy was right.  If you start with new Fin2006 doc and you learn a few
tricks like Darcy showed us then using GPO is very nice.  As the first
time in my life, I wrote a very short piece without piano, directly
entering notes to computer.  I didn't know that was possible with me.
It only took 1 hour for this piece.

But here is the thing.  The exported SMF can not be played with other
host than Finale even using the same GPO sound set. Here is the comparison:

Played back from FinMac2006:
<http://homepage.mac.com/madflute/.Music/FinMac2006.mp3>
And SMF exported to DP and played back with GPO Finale Edition within DP:
<http://homepage.mac.com/madflute/.Music/FinMac2006MIDI_Expt.mp3>

First of all, percussion was so loud I had to bring it down to 40%, and
it is still loud. Mind you I used the same FinGPO within DP for comparison.

Here are what I found.
HP/FinGPO no longer uses CC1 so mod wheel is no longer used, but CC7 is
used instead (why not CC11?!).  Now KS is not really a key switch but
patch change message is used.  This is why Darcy was keep saying don't
use KS.  This is very clever since you no longer able to use other
virtual sampler other than NI products since no other kind of virtual
sampler can take patch change message. Nevertheless I am somewhat upset
about this.

Oh, before I forget, the default volume is too loud so if you don't set
them all down you will get distortion.

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>