On 1 Aug 2005 at 15:12, Darcy James Argue wrote:

> That's the point of leaving the expressions undefined -- otherwise,
> you *would* need two sets of expressions, one for the Finale
> SoundFont, and one for GPO.  But by leaving them undefined, Human
> Playback is able to automatically interpret them correctly depending
> on which playback method you have selected.

But what does HP do with them for *other* output destinations, GM or
not?

Personally, I'd never use the Finale Soundfont for anything (it's too
awful), since I have a decent GM synthesizer on my PC's sound card.
If I wanted to switch back and forth between using my sound card and
GPO (if my PC could handle it -- it can't), would HP work for the GM
synthesizer, catching pizz and arco?