I too have subscribed to iDisk. I really like it. I mostly use iDisk to get files to people that are too big to e-mail. I use a program called FileChute http://www.yellowmug.com/filechute/ which make this really easy for the recipient of the files. Basically, the recipient gets an e-mail with a link (that can be disguised as to not show the path to your "server" (iDisk)) When they click on the link, the file is automatically downloaded. It is designed to work with iDisk and Earthlink by default but can be configured to work with other FTP sites...

I don't use iDisk for backup per se. But I do use it to "backup" my bookmarks to keep them in sync across multiple computers. I use an external Firewire drive for my daily backups along with a program called Synk. http://www.decimus.net/synk/ There is a 30 day trial period and the license is free to educators.

I used to use Carbon Copy Cloner to do my backups but it wasn't working with Tiger when Tiger was first released so I switched to Synk. I am also familiar with the program called BurnAgain that Eric mentioned...it is a great little program!

-K