On Sep 14, 2005, at 1:36 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 14 Sep 2005 at 12:41, Chuck Israels wrote:

Well. I'm not sure what is going on, but I don't seem to be able to
make this plugin apply different styles to different regions, so I'm
back to my original position.

I don't actually have a version of Finale with HP except for the 2005
demo, but it seems to me pretty clear how to do it, and just testing,
it seems to work just fine.

1. in playback configuration, you first have to turn OFF HP (but the
plugin warns you about that, so I'd be surprised if you missed this
step).

I did miss this!  I'll try again.

Thanks,

Chuck

2. then you apply the plugin, choosing which areas you want to apply.
If you've already got performance data in there, you can clear it or
not.

Perhaps you already had playback tweaks entered manually and you're
not overriding what was there, and so you're not hearing any
difference, since most of the original is still there?

When I do it, it appears to do exactly what it says.

But I still think it would be preferable to have staff styles for
this, instead of being required to permanently change the MIDI data.

Chuck Israels
230 North Garden Terrace
Bellingham, WA 98225-5836
phone (360) 671-3402