Noel Stoutenburg wrote:

Godofredo wrote, suggesting:

if you dont want to alter the page margins nor insert a page break you can also augment the top system margins,


which is similar to a method I sometimes use, except that I increase the bottom margin of the system just before the page break.....


That's what I do, since it involves simply dragging the lower-right handle in Page View down until the unwanted system jumps to the next page.

It's important to remember to update the layout from the beginning of the file after doing this. Automatic update layout seems to handle it well in the more recent versions of Finale, but in the older versions if you don't remember to update the layout, the system which got pushed off of one page wouldn't automatically make it onto the next page, and your file would be missing a system.

So even though I leave automatic update layout turned on, I have gotten burned enough in the past by this that when I start moving systems around, habit makes me go back to page 1 and hit ctrl-u to ensure that nothing gets dropped.


--
David H. Bailey
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to