Thanks Darcy
I see there is a 'notation set' and I installed that along with the AU
and VST (I don't have any idea what this all means).
I did not install 'GPO Finale' -- that eliminated the pesky serial #
request which spawned question #2.
And yep it does sound different -- the Ballroom reverb works fine for
duo piano in the 'Studio version FIN 05' but overwhelms in 'FIN 06'.
The pianos sound different too.
I have no idea what settings variation between the two. Luckily I can
run '05 with Studio and '06 for score work. Don't run 'em both at the
same time tho'. That crashes it.
Jerry
On 28-Sep-05, at 2:18 PM, Darcy James Argue wrote:
On 27 Sep 2005, at 2:52 PM, Gerald Berg wrote:
Well I got Finale 2006 and got it running with Finale GPO but dang if
it don't sound different from my GPO STUDIO set (I'm running the
piano duo sounds).
I notice I have to register this new Finale GPO too.
So...
1) Is there a way to run my 'old' GPO Studio with FIN 2006?
2) Do I really have to buy this new one?
3.) Why do the 2 versions sound so different?
Jerry,
1) The whole point of the AU/VST system in Finale 2006 is that you
don't need to use GPO Studio anymore -- you can load the full GPO
instruments directly into your Finale documents. Just make sure you've
applied the latest GPO Kontakt Player Update (from July of this year),
installed the optional "Notation" set, and load only the "Notation"
instruments. (If you applied the GPO update before installing Finale
2006, you need to apply it again.) Also, make sure Human Playback is
ON and that you change any existing keyswitching expressions so they
do NOT play back (let HP catch them).
2) Huh? Buy what "new one"?
3) Your ears are playing tricks on you. GPO Finale Edition Instruments
use exactly the same samples as full GPO instruments --with one
exception -- the GPO Finale Edition keyswitched solo strings have
sampled tremolos. Otherwise, there's no difference. Since you already
own GPO full, there's no need for you to install GPO Finale Edition,
provided you install the latest GPO update and load only the Notation
instruments.
- Darcy
-----
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Brooklyn, NY
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale