From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of David W. Fenton
Sent: Thu 03-Nov-05 16:05
To: finale@shsu.edu
Subject: Re: [Finale] Fin2006a now available!

On 3 Nov 2005 at 13:35, Morris Inouye wrote:

> I have absolutely no plans to upgrade to 2007. Also like you, I
> *might* consider the upgrade if something like dynamic parts (similar
> to Sibelius's capability) is added. Even if they add a must-have
> feature, I will definitely upgrade *only* after others have evaluated
> the upgrade for at least 4-5 months. If the 2007 upgrade is as
> unstable as 2006, I won't upgrade even if it has dynamic parts!

It's funny how many of you are now coming around to the same position
on upgrades that I've *always* had -- don't upgrade until the
features are compelling and the upgrade is stable.

I've *never* understood the logic of knee-jerk upgrades, as it
removes all the customer's power of expression, as well as exposing
you to early adopter bugs. I understand that MakeMusic depends on
those upgrade revenues, but this is a case where their interests and
mine seem to me to be at odds. I'm not going to compromise my own
interests just to keep them in business, particularly since enforcing
my own interests is the only way I have to discipline them to respond
to my needs.

<<winmail.dat>>