Christopher Smith wrote:

I would sue if something like this was installed on my computer by a so-called reputable company.

As much as I agree with the sentiment, I suspect anyone who is infected with this thing clicked thru a license agreement that allowed Sony to install their software.

Yesterday's msnbc.com mentioned a lawsuit filed against Sony due to malware that is now in the wild that exploits the software Sony installed. This seems like a more promising case. No matter what, though, I suspect Sony has not the heard the end of it in court.

And of course, if found liable, Sony will turn around and sue their CP vendor. It's lovely, I think. The whole lot of 'em deserves their stinking mess.

--
Robert Patterson

http://RobertGPatterson.com