are you using individual time signatures on your staves? or are you using a pickup measure?
both these things can cause that problem
if you have a pickup measure, then instead of using Finale's old way of entering a pickup measure - just use a different time signature for that first incomplete measure - for instance: in a 4/4 piece with a quarter note pickup: enter a 1/4 time signature for that first measure with the option of displaying 4/4 rather than 1/4 (that is an option when applying time signatures)

the problem of jumping expressions should disappear - good luck.

Thomas Schaller