On Nov 20, 2005, at 3:42 AM, Matthew Hindson Fastmail Account wrote:

I've just started using Finale 2005 for something rather intense with lots of tuplets and slurs, and it's driving me crazy. The slurs are drawn really badly a lot of the time, with a ridiculously high arch depending on the stems (as if anyone would ever want them like this!). Can anyone suggest some appropriate settings that they find useful?


I have some slur settings that Darcy shared with the list. I don't remember which ones were original and which were changed, and I am applying these to a JazzFont default, but I think most of the settings should work.

Use Engraver slurs - checked
Max Slur Angle - 45 degrees
Slur Symmetry - 50% (JazzFont Default changes this to look more hand-drawn, but Darcy has convinced me of the elegance of a symmetrical slur!)
Space around objects - 18 (EVPU)

Avoid accidentals UNCHECKED. You may have to adjust a few slurs, but the general look is way better this way. Initial Adjustment - Stretch, then Maximum Stretch>As percentage of Slur Length - 15%

The right column has more to do with general look, so I assume that there won't be much difference. Contact me if you really need these settings, but I don't think there is anything changed from the default.


Also with the new Engraver Tuplets, I'm finding that I have to adjust them more than I ever did. Is this normal?


Hmm. Not in my case, though sometimes I do find them a little low. There might be a global setting you can adjust for this, though I haven't gone looking.

Christopher


_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to