David wrote:
> I also wonder how quickly some hackers will be releasing versions of Mac
> OSx which will actually run on non-Mac hardware.

Hi,

They exist already, but the installation requires some patience and care.
The PC needs a particular Intel motherboard and two hard disks.
(I read it in extremetech.com but I can not find now)

Of course you can boot with Windows or Linux if you want.

IMO if

the thesis of Johannes is that we Mac-freaks are going to move to Windows
simply because the new MacIntels will boot with it

then

I don´t agree, because you can _now_ buy a cheap small factor PC now, hook
it to your existing monitor and there you go. You don´t need more to make a
good virus trap.
Besides the price factor is becoming less and less important when buying Mac
hardware (except in the higest G5 models).

Javier Ruiz