Does anyone have one of the new (October-November 2005) Power Mac G5's with one ("Dual") or two ("Quad") dual-core processors? If so, do any of the built-in Nvidia graphics cards (GeForce 6600 LE, 6600, 7800 GT, or Quadro FX 4500) support screen rotation? (These Power Macs use the PCI Express interface.)

For older Power Macs, you could buy an ATI Radeon card with Versavision for screen rotation. I don't know if ATI makes any Mac-compatible PCI Express cards.

My aging Power Mac G4 (500 MHz) needs to be replaced, but I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait until the new Intel Power Macs come out (late 2006?).

Paul Hayden

--
Magnolia Music Press      <http://www.paulhayden.com>
6319 Riverbend Blvd.