I'm using a PPCG4 1.25GHz DP Mirror Door OSX 10.3.9 and a new PowerbookG4 1.67GHz OSX 10.4.2 with FinMac 2k6b.

Even though I upgraded to 2k6b I'm still having flaky behaviour with Mass Edit and copying/pasting.

I'm working on a chamber opera score in an 'avant garde' style with all staves having independent elements and 'neutral' key sigs with transpositions for clarinets (instrumental group: clarinets/vc/percussion).

I'm trying to copy/past a solo line of florid clarinet solo in transposition (some of it is in two layers) in the score between two files created in Fin2k6.

Have tried 'Items to copy..' with everything ON and also straight Copy/Paste from Edit menu. I've clicked-dragged and also Shift-Opt clicked on target measure between the two files. The copy process results in either empty measures or occasionally some measure attached expresssions.

I've found a partly successful workaround by turning on Partial Measures in Mass Edit and then click-dragging between the two files, one measure at a time. However, in FinMac2k6b, the the original and target measure time signatures appear to be critical (even though I've got Items to Copy ON for everything including time signature, note positioning and measure width).

For example, a measure in 2/4 with the first beat having a 1/32nd note, followed by rests to fill the measure. Towards the end of the measure a have a flourish of unmeasured grace notes. With both target and origin measures in 2/4, the target measure's grace notes 'spill over' and end up in the subsequent measure. However, if the target measure has contiguous subsequent measures, the notes in those measures are affected erratically eg the get 'pushed on' and cascade forward until there are no more notes according to the time signatures of the subsequent measures or weird but true they sometimes get merged into the target measures.

Only when I clear any subsequent measures and adjust the target measure time sig to 3/4 or 4/4 will the grace notes stay in the target measure and then a 'fill' of extra rests are inserted to make up the time signature.

I've done a data integrity check on the files and Finale tells me that all is OK.

A couple of months ago I tried Robert Patterson's Plug-in demo in FinMac2k6 and this seemed to work most of the time but other times I got empty measures pasted. I tried the new OSX native beta but the demo time has now expired, so 'no go' there.

any ideas/suggestions would be most welcomed
--
cheers, Claudio