I actually use both (QuicKeys in the office and iKey at home), and
they both do the trick. QuicKeys is better for programming multi-step
macros, and it can even create macros that take user input while they
run. iKey does just fine for menu selection and such, and multi-step
macros work fine, but it doesn't seem quite as full-featured or as
"polished," but I suppose you get what you pay for. Also, I use iKey
1.7 still, because it does what I need it to and I was a bit unnerved
by certain reports of "upgrading" to iKey 2.

--
Brad Beyenhof
Real-time Finale discussion: http://www.finaleirc.com