On 1/5/06, David W. Fenton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 5 Jan 2006 at 15:04, Brad Beyenhof wrote:

> > To be honest, this whole thread seems to have been started by David's
> > annoyance that others knew better than he how to find a particular
> > feature of the program. . . .
>
> Excuse me?
>
> If you'll review the record, you'll see that I didn't get annoyed
> until individuals started defending Finale's shortcomings. Indeed, I
> was quite cordial in my response to the RTFM post.

I apologize for this; it was a misremembering on my own part (and, in
fact, mainly bein annoyed with some of the posters in the thread...
particularly by some overtly hostile swearing).

> > . . . If there's an easy way to do it of which we
> > weren't previously aware, that does not give us license to rage on and
> > on at each other and at the developers.
>
> Who is raging at each other or at the developers? I may be annoyed at
> someone's responses today, but I think his reaction to *me* is an
> order of magnitude more hostile than anything I raised in responses
> to his posts.

This comment was in no way related to you, David. I refer again to the
uncordial conduct displayed by others who took the usual intelligent
discourse in this forum and fouled it up with unnecessary hateful
language.

> Why are you responding in this fashion to what seems to me to have
> been a perfectly genial discussion until this afternoon when *someone
> else* chose to push the level of discourse into the trenches?

I don't know what you mean by "in this fashion," but please note that
I included a disclaimer to the effect that I was merely venting my
frustrations with the unyielding back-and-forth certain list members
were having. I was not pointing a finger at you, David (except in one
sentence for which I have apologized above), but merely being appalled
at the hostility being demonstrated by certain list members that is in
no way warranted in this sort of forum.

Again, I apologize for any offense; my previous message was fairly
hastily written and I got one of my more important facts wrong. The
fact still remains that the level of disagreement has surely gotten
out of hand through the course of the thread, and it is this that has
made me as exasperated as I currently am.

--
Brad Beyenhof
Real-time Finale discussion: http://www.finaleirc.com