On 1/25/06, Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> So this is done in pencil (or pen!) and you get the physical pieces of
> paper marked up from the composer? This is how I've always done it,
> too, but it sure would be great to have a way of marking up
> electronically, as Microsoft Word does, so that the proofs could just
> be sent back over the Internet. Scanning and faxing lose detail and
> colour, if someone uses coloured pens as most of my clients do. I
> suppose musical notation stickies would be just too complex...

I've been toying with the idea of using a MusicPad Pro from Freehand
Systems for this sort of thing... you should be able to import PDFs
into it, write notes and corrections on it, and then use a "print to
PDF" function to get the edits into another file without ever having
to print anything out.

However, this would work best on projects on which I'm just the
editor, because if I wanted to *receive* corrections this way I'd have
to make sure the composer or editor had one of these devices.

http://freehandsystems.com

--
Brad Beyenhof
Real-time Finale discussion: http://www.finaleirc.com