I just got off of the phone with Finale Tech support.  They were very helpful, but had never seen this problem before in WinFin2006c (http://gruversm.com/bluescreen.jpg) .  By the way, this happens when I open any multi-stave file from the Finale Showcase.

He had me take the 'selection tool' and try to click on the blue across the screen.  It was selectable as some sort of "Staff bracket/group". With it selected, I was able to delete the Blue mess on the screen and everything was fine.

Has anyone else experienced this bug?

Steve Gruver