At 3/1/2006 01:27 PM, John Howell wrote:

>"All others"  and put in rests for the soloist.  I would not do this
>unless the situation is crystal clear; otherwise a separate staff for
>the soloist in indicated.

Since I am only a singer in this regard, I have held off on offering comments, but . . .

I agree totally, that a separate staff is needed for a soloist.

I think it is important for a group to sight read the part correctly the first time through.

Any multiplicity of parts (for the same singers) on the same staff is going to create a multitude of problems and require director explanation about how to sing the parts.

I think rehearsal time is important.

Phil Daley          < AutoDesk >
http://www.conknet.com/~p_daley