On Mar 5, 2006, at 9:42 AM, Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 12:01 AM 3/5/06 -0800, Karen wrote:
For me, it depends on the genre.  When I'm writing jazz, I put my
articulations above the notes.  When I'm working on film music, I put
the articulations on the note head side of the notes with exception
of "Carrot"-type accents....those I always put above the notes.

Among other items I always put above the notes are stops, mutes, harmonics, bow direction, and special effects symbols (unless they're specific to a
pitch in a group).

Yes...same for me these I also put above the notes always.

-K

However, I engrave music of several composers who insist for aesthetic
reasons that all symbols go above the notes.

Dennis