Hi Hiro,

So, when she uses Finale, she uses AMS which has only MTP/AV USB
connected to Alesis and no Giga instance?

Only MTP/AV USB....no Alesis instance and no Giga instance. Finale is working this way.

How is Giga instantiated in AMS?  I would guess the host PC is
instantiated as MIDI module.

Yes this is right.

I do this, too.  What is the interface for
the host PC?

I'm not sure which interface she has on the PC....I'll have to ask her.

Is the PC's interface MIDI return also connected?

No, just midi out. The only midi in she has is from the MTP back to the Alesis.

When you say Automatic Setup for Alesis, do you mean AMS instantiated it
by auto detect?  I never trust that feature so I instantiate manually.

The Alesis doesn't show up on automatic setup...she instantiated it only manually.

If you suspect some sour MIDI message is floating around, you can use
this to see it:
<http://www.snoize.com/MIDIMonitor/>

Thanks for this Hiro!  Great application.

I'm going to give this a try hopefully next week when I have time to take a look around on her machine!

Thanks again so much for your help with this! Much appreciated! I'll keep you posted when I know more!

Best,

Karen

--

- Hiro

Hiroaki Honshuku, A-NO-NE Music, Boston, MA
<http://a-no-ne.com> <http://anonemusic.com>