Hi Jerry,

You can get Chinese text into Finale text and lyrics. But there are
extra steps involved given Finale's lack of support for Unicode. You
have to set the Finale text/lyrics to be Chinese script, not Western
script. On XP, you probably have to set Chinese in the language bar
when using Finale. You might need to have Chinese set as your language
for non-Unicode programs (Control Panel -> Settings -> Regional and
Language Options -> Advanced), but I don't think that's necessary.

There were detailed instructions on how to do this somewhere in the
MakeMusic forum (forum.makemusic.com), but I don't have a URL to the
specific message handy.

Good luck!

Best regards,

Michael Good