On 26 Apr 2006 at 10:07, Arthur Craig wrote:

> I learned of this group at a conference MusiCalifornia, last week.  I
> am so excited to participate!
>
>   Is there a way to convert midi files to wav files and then burn them
>   on an audio cd?  I have Finale 2000? Has anyone done this, and if so
>   could you please send me a step by step procedure.  Many thanks.

Later versions of Finale can save to WAV file directly, but not 2K.

You don't say if you are Mac or Windows, but on Windows, I use an
inexpensive program called Midi2Wav, which plays a MIDI file back
through whatever onboard synthesizer you choose, and captures the
output to a WAV file. Other programs can capture the audio output,
but a program that coordinates the starting and ending of the MIDI
file is helpful so you don't have to edit the resulting WAV file.

I've used Midi2Wav for years, originally on my Win95 PC. The latest
version has one annoying feature, which is that if you don't put some
silence at the end of your MIDI file, you get a bad pop right on the
termination of the WAV file. This may actually be due to a problem
with my system and the audio drivers, but the solution I've used is
to put a MIDI event in an otherwise empty measure at the end of my
MIDI files. It's kind of annoying, but an easy workaround. For a $20
program, it's not too much of a problem.

There are probably better programs that others can recommend, but the
process is basically the same -- you need something that can capture
the audio output and write it to a WAV file.