On May 29, 2006, at 6:45 PM, David W. Fenton wrote:

On 29 May 2006 at 11:06, Ken Moore wrote:

"Steve Currington" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
The keyboard shortcuts that use
the  for example alt or ctrl etc keys and numeric on the laptop do not
work when I try using the USB keypad.

I keep a notepad file on the desktop with all the special characters I
am likely to need.  CTRL-C and CTRL-V are very quick.

One of the problems with that approach is that you can't paste from
the clipboard in the shape designer. That really ought to be fixed,
seems to me.

Oh yes! Along with that stupid bug in the shape designer that offsets the handle by some additional amount that I can never remember, and have to dick with it endlessly to get it to align properly...

And another bug (not related to the shape designer) that just bit me again today, in every single part I had to extract:

The lines that form repeat boxes are not "smart", that is, they keep the same length regardless of how the music gets spaced, and they do not break intelligently at system breaks.

I had a very long first ending over three systems, and I had to manually adjust the box ends for the
1) first box start
2) first box end
3) add in a Smart Shape line to cover the middle system so that it showed as if it was a repeat box

and I had to do this on ALL my extracted parts, then again in the score (I couldn't set it in the score, because sometimes the line is so long I can't even see the handles in Page View, and have to resize them in Scroll View) so there is an hour or so of my life I will never get back again... grr!

Furthermore, when a first ending ends with a multimeasure rest, I often lose the repeat bracket over the dotted double line in the extracted parts. I have to delete the repeat and enter it again, once more for every extracted part that has a multimeasure rest just before the repeat.

Christopher