I'm transcribing a Godard Duet. I've set up the score using GPO instruments - clarinet, violin, and piano. There are a few measures in which one stave (clarinet) has a cresc and hairpin. In these measures, the sound of the clarinet "breaks up". It doesn't sound to me like a clip, but my experience is limited. The 'break up" is a kind of warble. If I remove the hairpins, or the cresc, the sound distortion is still there. However, if I remove both, the sound does not distort.

Beginning volume in the instrument window is set to 64 for all voices except clarinet which is set to 60. MacFin 2006c, Dual 2Ghz 2.5 Gig Ram. GPO voices are Piano, Violin Solo, Violins Pizz.

I could make one file that used pp p mp markings to get the dynamics and another for printing, but I'm thinking that there must be a way to include both the cresc and hairpins without breaking up the sound.

Dick H
Olympia, Wa