Michael Cook wrote:
I can see the "edit system margins" box, but I note the following behaviour: when I choose it in the menu, it flashes briefly at what is presumably a default position before appearing where I had placed it the last time I used it. So a possible explanation of your problem is that this box has somehow been moved right off the screen. Two things you could try:

1. If it's possible to set your screen to a higher resolution, do it and see if the box appears. 2. If this isn't possible, or doesn't help, try trashing or re-naming the Finale 2006 Preferences file (in User/Library/Preferences). Finale will create a new one when you re-launch it.

Thanks Michael. The second "solution" worked for me. Unfortunately I now have to recreate all my preferences. Oh well...