The original Finale file played perfectly. I have saved it as an audio file. I have then played the file back using Winamp and MS Media Player. In either version one staff did not play back.

I went back and added two more staves and copied the original inaudible staff onto them, and saved as audio file again.  The newly saved file would still not play back that same line.

Finally, being in a hurry, I did burn a CD with that file and have discovered that it did play back as well as the original Finale file.

Dr.A.S.Weinstangel


From:  Christopher Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Reply-To:  [email protected]
To:  [email protected]
Subject:  Re: [Finale] Audio file quirks?
Date:  Thu, 08 Jun 2006 10:40:48 -0400
>
>On 8-Jun-06, at 10:23 AM, dr.a.s. weinstangel wrote:
>
>>
>>
>>I just had a rather interesting experience. FIN2005, PC.
>>
>>A file I saved through Save Special--->Save as Audio File, when  
>>checked through Winamp AND MS Media player had one stave (aurally)  
>>missing, even if I had recopied that same stave several times, and  
>>had resaved the file.
>>
>>The CD burned from the same audio files plays back just fine.  
>>Curiouos and curiouser!
>>
>>Any ideas?
>
>
>Just to make sure I understand:
>
>You made an audio file. The file plays back everything when burned
>to  CD, but is missing one staff when played back using Winamp or
>MSMedia  Player?
>
>That can't be right. The file is a stereo audio file - the player  
>can't strip out individual tracks that are embedded.
>
>My only suggestion is that perhaps the instrument in question is  
>panned sharply to the left or to the right, and the right or left  
>channel is not playing back, perhaps because of a bad cable or  
>connection. That would make it a hardware issue, not a software one.
>
>Christopher
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Finale mailing list
>[email protected]
>http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to