Kim Patrick Clow wrote:
2. The old multimovement one Finale document versus multimovement multi-docoument issue raises it's head for me(yet again).
 
http://www.bytenet.net/kpclow/finale/violino-part.pdf
 
In the score, I'm pretty sure I have a page break or system break at the end of the movement. When I generated parts, this is the result in the PDF. No tempo marking got moved with the part (even though I attached it to the specific measure in the score).
OK.  I'm missing a bit of information here.  Do you have the tempo marking attached to each staff in the score, is it assigned "this staff only" to specific staves, or did you define a staff list, to display it on selected staves in a single assingment?  If you assigned the tempo marking to particular staves, then it will only appear on the extracted parts on in which it was assigned.  In this event, it's not a matter of the tempo marking being not being "moved"--it's that the "generate what I meant instead of what I entered" tool is not yet ready for release. If you used a staff list to assign tempo markings to display on specified staves in the score, this is the same as assigning the indication to the same staves one at a time; in that case after extraction the tempo indication will appear on the parts to which you assigned the _expression_ _UNLESS_ when you defined the staff list to place the _expression_ on selected staves in the score (by selecting the column under "S" in the staff list dialog box for those staves), and in all parts (by selecting the column under P under "P" for each staff). 

Now, there is another situation I can think of where Finale would respond as you describe:  if you used a page attached text block to assign the tempo designation.  In that case, the text block will be moved, but it will appear on the same page in the part as it did in the score, and your part probably has considerably fewer pages than the score does.

 The other bothersome thing, is the spacing. Should I basically try to do in the parts, what I've done in the score: engrave the parts so the movement ends at the bottom of a page? Then indent on the next page where a new movement starts?
When working with a score from which parts will be extracted, my customary procedure is to get the score right, as far as notes, expressions, and articulations are concerned, then extract parts, and do layout on the score, and then on the layout on each part.. 

ns
_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to