on 6/11/06 12:11 AM, Darcy James Argue at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> If you're just making a template, why don't you just *delete* all the
> measures in the file, then add new ones in their place? That's what I
> do.

Do you then still go to "Data Check" and remove deleted items?  It seems
beneficial to start with as small a template as possible.
 
> Or, if you want to clear everything, you can also select "Clear
> Entries and Smart Shapes."

Is that the same as hitting the clear key?

> You will still have to respace the music
> using time sig spacing to clear the spacing, but I wasn't aware there
> was even an alternative to this.

The steps I used in '05 for this was to select all Mass Edit, clear the
measures using the clear key, mass edit> clear items..> everything, update
layout and remove deleted items.  The "items to clear" dialog was far less
extensive in '05 but it did assign a consistent measure width to all
measures.  I guess the other grayed out items in '06 had me thinking more
steps were needed to clear the same things in '06 than in '05.

I hope that's "clear".  :-)

Thanks,

Don Hart


> On 11 Jun 2006, at 12:19 AM, Don Hart wrote:
> 
>> Thanks, David.  I keep 'partial measures' selected all the time so
>> I thought
>> you might be on to something.  No such luck, though - I still can't
>> clear
>> that handful of measure items.
>> 
>> Does this work ok for everyone else?
>> 
>> DH
>> 
>> 
>> on 6/10/06 8:26 PM, dhbailey at [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> wrote:
>> 
>>> Do you have 'partial measures' clicked?
>>> 
>>> I believe some items only will clear if you don't have 'partial
>>> measures' selected.
>>> 
>>> David H. Bailey
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> Finale mailing list
>> [email protected]
>> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Finale mailing list
> [email protected]
> http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

_______________________________________________
Finale mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale

Reply via email to