Has anyone any clues as to why hard spaces (alt-spacebar) placed in lyrics are showing on screen but don't appear in print or in preview or pdfs. Is this a:

Font problem; Adobe PostScript Type 1,

or an OS; Mac10.4.2,

or Finale; 2005 & 2006?

Thanks in advance

Hi Jonathan, I read somewhere that the problem is solved when one uses only opentype fonts. Haven't got time to experiment that. I've had the same problem last week, and a temporarily workaround is to go into the edit lyrics box and change the font of the hard spaces to Times when it occurs. Another user told me that this workaround also worked on his setup.

Eric Dussault

Thank you Eric, that works just fine.

I'll have to use another font in future and I guess all my old files are now rendered useless for printing unless I open them in OS9. Worth keeping an old mac machine around after all!

Progress?

Jonathan