|
I am working on a part extraction job for a composer and I have recently
upgraded to 2006b, but am noticing many similarities to some of the
peculiarities of 2003b. For instance, clicking the speedy note entry on
any completed bar somehow helps reset the spacing of that bar, up to a
point. I noticed this especially with part extraction, that many problems
of the spacing could be solved simply by clicking through an entire part using
speedy note entry and then clicking off to see all the measures get
optimized. All except some specific bars, for some reason. Perhaps
these measures had been tinkered with directly in the score which
brings settings (for better or worse) to the extracted part. At any rate,
I have two questions; is there a better, more efficient manner of doing what I
have described without simply having to click through an entire part using
speedy note entry? Also, for the bars that seem to be frozen and do not
respond to the above method (many of which have notes either very close or even
spilling out over their respective barlines), how do I remove any settings which
seem to be inherent in the measure? I have tried using the measure
attributes dialogue box to no effect, and ended up having to go with the
"nuclear" option and copying measures that weren't in bad repair and replacing
entries. I'm hoping there is a simpler solution?
I have one more gripe about a particular bug that existed also back in
2003. You're using page layout, you're playing around with the spacing
between systems, you think you have the proper layout that just fits your pages,
and then while you're working with the document, a line or lines will just
reappear out of nowhere and end up on a new final page. Why is it that
page layout will just allow systems to go into limbo, making it look like you've
gotten your layout right, until you go through each page and notice that for
some reason you have system 10 at the bottom of the first page, and system 12 at
the top of the second? I can deal with this bug and check for it in three
and four page parts, but in long optimized scores this seems like a serious
pitfall. And I'm suspecting this bug has been around for more than just
three years.
Michael Wittenburg
|
_______________________________________________ Finale mailing list [email protected] http://lists.shsu.edu/mailman/listinfo/finale
