I'm not sure Sibelius is better than Finale at midi import. Both seem to make quite a mess of it. in my experience, Sibelius seems to leave more "debris" around while Finale gives a cleaner initial look but tends to "truncate" complex data.

MusicXML is very effective but, unlike Finale, Sibelius requires you to buy the full plug-in to export MusicXML. So if you don't have the plug-in, this may not be a good choice. Importing MusicXMLis, however, free and has become the best method for moving from Finale to Sibelius.

Richard Smith
www.rgsmithmusic.com
[EMAIL PROTECTED]