Hello Dennis, Chuck, David, Noel and others,

Thank you for all the good advice. I said earlier that I unable to use the speed entry tool. Someone told me to put Midi off, as otherwise I would only be able to enter rests. Actually, I couldn't enter anything (notes nor rests). Following this advice, I put Midi off and now I can at least enter rests using the numbers which are above my keyboard (for example, 4 is a quarter rest, 5 is a half rest ...), so we are making steady progress. However, I can still not enter any notes. Perhaps it is not possible to use speed entry on a notebook, although I think that I read somewhere a while ago that there has to be a function somewhere in Windows that lets you work on a regular notepad keyboard as if it were a keyboard for a desktop; I think  - but am not sure - that n m , correspond to 1, 2 3 and u i o to 8 9 0 if this function is turned on. I might be wrong about this though.
Does anyone know about this? Why can I not enter notes? Best regards, Will