"David W. Fenton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I assumed they were using the pitch shortcuts, which in Speedy are
pretty nonsensical (i.e., there is no mapping to actual note names,
just an octave for each row of the keyboard).

In the days before I got a MIDI keyboard hooked up I remembered the three that
do correspond: E, F and G.

I was reminded of one of the great advantages of the MIDI keyboard recently
when I was composing a piece with lots of chord sequences within various
woodwind sections.  MIDI entry allows you to put the selected chord on one
stave with a single key stroke, and the explode utility can be pointed at that
stave and as many as necessary below it to generate parts.  Even though the
sections were laid out with two instruments on layers 1 and 2 of one stave and
another on the stave below, so that some layer changing and moving had to
follow, this was the quickest entry method I found.

--

Ken Moore