On 13.11.2006 Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:
The process I'm thinking about would add all the measures first, place a
dummy note (rather than a 'real' rest, which is indistinguishable from an
empty-measure rest) in all the measures that will eventually have content,
then jockey the measures along to their proper locations, lock the
measures, and optimize the score. Then I'd fill in the musical content.

Here is how I would do this. Create the required number of measures, but leave them totally empty. Lock the required number of measures per system, but don't worry about the page layout otherwise. Then enter the music. Finally optimize. It might be better to just optimize without hiding any staves, and use TGTools to do the final optimization (Staff list manager).

Johannes
--
http://www.musikmanufaktur.com
http://www.camerata-berolinensis.de