Dennis Bathory-Kitsz wrote:

At 10:15 AM 11/19/06 -0800, Carl Dershem wrote:

Lifetimes could be spent on what is, essentially, a practical joke.

Like the Rohonczi Codex? http://www.dacia.org/codex/original/original.html

Or the Oak Island Treasure - yeah.  Or perhaps my ex's sense of humor...

In any case, I was about to start setting one of my own old pieces from 1972, which finally got premiered in 2003. It's time to work on it and turn it into a more handsome example than the manuscript that I've been using. None of it should give me any particular trouble, but I'm really curious (jef, are you there?) if there's a straightforward way of setting the timeline that parallels the staves at the top and bottom. It has a fixed spacing (27 seconds per system).

Here's where it is:
http://maltedmedia.com/people/bathory/music/pdf/construction-trombones.pdf

At least you appear to have some idea of what you hope to achieve, and there's enough of a 'Key" to let others understand, to some extent, where you're headed with it.

But don't give it to anyone in MY trombone choir, please!!!  :)

Ideas welcome. No hurry. I need to finish it before the Chamber Music America convention in January.

Duck tape, perhaps?  (It would make it more timely).  :)

Dennis

I think I'll stick with Sammy Nestico.
Carl
--