"Phil, This cannot be the case. The computer I am using is less than 3
months old. Thank you for the valuable feed-back from everyone."

Really. Ok. You are the expert. Hope you have a back up.

I'd take Phil's advise. Get a new drive, copy everything off the old
one, then take your receipt and get the company to send you another.
Most offer 1 year warranties, some up to 5.

No, I'm not an expert, as I am telling everyone every time, I don't know
anything about computers, so I sometimes assume things.
I have a memory stick. Do you think I can save my stuff on that?
I read somewhere - I don't remember where - that there was a bug in Finale
2001. Sometimes the program would not reproduce the last 9 (I think) bars of a
piece when opening Finale again. I was wondering. This exercise which won't
open anymore was only 2 or 3 bars long, just a series of progressions
basically. Maybe that has something to do with it. I say this because, to my
computer incompetent mind, my hard disk seems to be working normally for the
rest. Respectfully, Will