On Nov 29, 2006, at 5:16 PM, Kim Patrick Clow wrote:

I'm curious how users on the list deal with introductory remarks/pages for
their editions?

I create all of these as Finale text blocks on blank pages. In fact, for many years Finale was my only word processor.

Would a table of contents be overkill for a booklet that has only one
composition with parts in the back?

I would tend to say yes, but I don't understand why you would put score and parts in a single volume in the first place.

I use Illustrator for my introductory remarks ( I know others use Word,
Quark, or InDesign), but how do you get placement of page numbers consistent
with what you have in a Finale file, other than guess work.

Use Finale for the whole thing! It's easy, and looks good.

Andrew Stiller
Kallisti Music Press
http://home.netcom.com/~kallisti/