"Kim Patrick Clow" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A while back, I decided on the name "Souvran Editions" for the imprint
for my editions. But when a few friends saw printed cover mock ups,
"SOUVRAN" usually caused confusion or the dreaded "What does *that*
mean?."

I voiced my concerns to a friend, who is an information architect. He
told me I should ask those in my target audience what the name would
mean, since they're the people I should be most concerned with.

So good friends, I ask you to write back to me **off list**, and
please tell me what the name SOUVRAN means to you. What metaphor or
visual image do you have when you read it or hear it. I really
appreciate your help!
I associate it with "souverain" = French for "sovereign" or "supreme".

--
Ken Moore