Op 12-jan-07, om 21:42 heeft Michael L. Meyer het volgende geschreven:

Hello all --

Sorry for the OT post -- this is the best place I know to get advice on ALL
things musical.

My wife's grandfather passed away this week, and we will be heading over for the memorial service on Monday. I've been asked to play for the service --

Any and all suggestions are appreciated. Come to think of it, pop music
choices are fine too.  Please feel free to respond on- or off-list.

-- Mike

Hi, I would recommend the most comforting music ever : Bach...

What about his "Choralvorspiele", organ chorale that are almost all available in
piano transcriptions, like :
"Wer nur den lieben Gott läßt walten"
"O Haupt voll Blut und Wunden"
"Nun komm der Heiden Heiland" ?

or, perhaps the beautiful "Capriccio sopra la lontananza del fratello dilettissimo" Bach wrote in 1706, when his brother Johann Jacob Bach moved to Sweden to join the army over there...

Jan Melaerts.