There is no difference between Fin06 and Fin07 with regards to staff optimization. After optimization you can manually change the group name without changing oter systems. This has been true since the first version of Finale that had group names. (Perhaps since Fin97 or earlier.)

Rafael L. Junchaya wrote:

I'm working on a score where the piano player changes to celesta in the middle of the piece, and the instrument name I'm using is Piano, as it is the first one used. There won't be problems with the part, as the group name is not showing there, but in the score I need to change the group name to "Celesta" and there is no way to apply a Staff style to a group. In Finale 2007, after applying system optimization, I can create new groups (and their group names) where I need them, but in Finale 2006 (and I need to send this file in that format) I don't see an easy way to accomplish this (unless it implies working with two grand staves, one for the piano and the other for the celesta, which will be hidden accordingly at optimization time)

Is there any other way to get this?

Thank you all

Rafael Leonardo Junchaya

Robert Patterson