I updated to Finale 2007b about two weeks ago. I'm on WinXP. The update feature in Finale, although activated, had never prompted an update, and I installed it after learning about the update on this list.

However, today I opened 2007b. As 2007b opened, I got a message from my firewall -- for the first time -- that "Finale 2007a Update" wanted to access the internet. After giving permission to the Finale 1007a update, I then got the "Update Available" prompt from within Finale. The upgrade, of course, was to 2007b.

So, it appears that the update does not recognize the current installed version, and invites the user to make a redundant installation

Daniel Wolf
Frankfurt