On 20 mrt 2007, at 15:37, Martin Banner wrote:

> Also, if I have a horn in G written in bass clef, what concert pitch
> will actually sound if I write an A on fifth line (A right below
> middle C).

that depends.
In older notation it should have sound as D4 (D above middle C)
In modern notation however as d (middle line in bass clef.

> Thanks,
> Martin

Do not forget, the horn is in G. not F.  Therefore, on the assumption this
is an old horn part, a written A on the fifth line of the bass clef will
sound E above middle C.

Regards,
Michael Lawlor