On Mar 22, 2007, at 7:17 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Finale] RE: NEW part
To: finale@shsu.edu

In a message dated 3/22/07 12:40:35 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

For all your comments and answers, I still don't find the solution to
my problem.
    I said:
<part by double-clicking between the trombone section and the guitar.
I enter the music. I go to the linked part and it's a blank page, no
staves, no music. What did I do wrong and how do I remedy it? The
tuba part shows in the Manage Parts page.
I can do a Special Part Extraction and get the part in a separate
file, but how do I access the tuba part in the same file as a linked
part?
All the best,
KIM R>>

I had already gone to Manage Parts and the Tuba part is in the list
(on both sides). I shows up in a list of parts everywhere, and the
music shows on the score, but when I go to the linked part, it is
blank with no music staves.
    Solution? besides actually extracting the part?
All the best,
KIM R

Sorry Kim, thought you got the answer.

I think what's going on here is that the part definition does not include the staff that you want it to contain. Seems bizarre, I know, but this is a "feature", I guess, so that you can easily create TACET parts. At any rate, in the manage parts area, click on your Tuba part in the left hand column. I suspect there is nothing in the middle column. Highlight the "Tuba" from the right hand column and click on the "add to part" button and OK. Now the material
should be included in the part.

Hope that helps.

Indeed it does help and is clear now. Thanks so much for your help. Also thanks to Aaron.
All the best,
KIM R