With the help of some of the people on this list, I was able to finally figure out once and for all how to use (and conquer) staff styles! I was able to do everything that I needed to do in my four movement, one file, 18th Century Credo for men's choir, 2 oboes, horns (in Bb and in Eb), and strings.

Thanks to everyone for your help.

Martin