> List members...

I latched on to a bunch of 9x12" paper and am using it to do some
simple scores & parts. It works great on my HP 5si UNLESS I try
duplexing.  While none of you may own a 5si, I am hoping that the HP
printers are universal enough to allow what works for you to work for
me on the 5si.

I'm using tray 1 (the only possible location for custom paper) and
defined 9x12 paper as "concert," just as Finale does. Single-sided
printing works beautifully. But when I tell it to print two-sided, no
combination or permutation of portrait-landscape-rotated landscape
(whatever that is), flip on long edge/flip on short edge seems to
give me two pages that print properly.  Only partial pages print on
either side, and I find no rime or reason to how they print. They
start various places on a page...

How can pages that print so nicely one-sided be such a mess when I
try duplexing???

Any words of wisdom welcome. I hope the HP printers are universal
enough for your instructions on (say) a 5000 to work on my 5si.

Thanks... Jim

Dear Jim,

I use a 5si though the duplexing function has carked it on my particular printer (i.e. the feeding mechanism).

Whilst I don't have any experience with 9x12 paper, I used to duplex print successfully to A3 paper which may be the same thing.

Have you checked the double-sided option in the printer itself? In the internal LED menus on the top of the printer? I had problems with this at one stage.

Also I couldn't print A3 duplex successfully at 600dpi until I added more memory to the printer itself.

Hopefully these will help you.

Matthew